Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Nashville Bound

I promised a while back in one of my video blogs that I'd be traveling soon and would try to document and share as much of my adventures with y'all. And while I haven't done much on my first venture into Tennessee in years, I did get to see a few cool places from an observation's distance.

So thanks to my dad's new job, his place of employment graciously allows him to let his family tag along. And while this homebody is usually quite okay with gracing the inner dwelling four walls of my personal room within my family's home, I've been craving a little travel for ages. Thankfully, I've finally begun to get my wish. No, I haven't done much on this little journey. But I've enjoyed being out of state and enjoying the experience itself.

After a day of packing, we headed out for good ole Tennessee around midday Monday; and after a couple brief stops, we arrived in Cool Springs for dinner. And boy were we ready for that meal! We waited far too long. But it was well worth it. If you ever want some good Italian eats, be sure to stop by Amerigo's. It's yummy. Today was spent mostly in chill mode with my dad conducting his work business and me and mom watching Fixer Upper all afternoon after ordering pizza. Neither of which was the original plan but was a nice little supplement to the day.

hotel room balcony mountain views
As dad arrived and I slid into my shoes to leave the hotel, I discovered a nice slit in the side of my shoe where the suede fabric was carefully detaching itself from the shoe. So shoe shopping was in order. After spending a tiring time at the fairly nice mall nearby, we found a pair of shoes that was basically identical to the ones I had. That in and of itself was a miracle! What's more, the display was the absolute only pair they had of that shoe. It was my size, and it fit like a dream! Definitely a God-wink there. So after that, it was time to head into Nashville....The catch? As we drove into the heart of downtown Nashville, it began pouring rain. So even though I had not planned on seeing any places in particular, it was virtually impossible at this point for sure. But not to fear because I enjoyed the chance to simply see the city's famous points of interest for the first time! And despite the rain, I got a few excellent pictures I shall be taking home with me until I return again some day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment